Monday, February 1, 2010

Sketch Blog #3

Illustration 2 with Professor Mazellan is probably the best class I can have at the moment. Its not just the fact that I really don't want to be in the class but the fact that I hate it so much is what is making this class one that I am going to learn in. I am not sure why I don't like the class so much but I have a feeling its going to teach me to be better than any of the other classes I like. For our project, we were to do a sketch that was "finished" to class for us to work on during the time we have. I decided to go with something a little different.

The assignment was about Martin Luther King Junior and the freedom train theme. Watching clips, it really encouraged me to think about how so many people traveled to the Lincoln memorial just to hear MLK give his speech. I thought about how that had played a huge role in society and even though I was not alive to experience it, when I see the pool and the memorial, I think of MLK and the freedom the African Americans had to go through. I also thought about how kids have humility and how we are suppose to be like kids to get into the kingdom of heaven (Bible reference I know). Well, I drew two kids walking/jogging towards the memorial; ones African American and the other Caucasian. They are excited as the littl boy points at the destination. I also choose the "sun setting" as a time of day so that the memorial sort of "glows" and the path is like "gold". Its just to lead the audience into the whole "follow the yellow brick road" idea only...this is grass. :) Of course, the girls looks Ghostly in the sketch but its 2 in the morning and I will work more on it later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment