Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sketch Blog #1

Sketches are loose concepts and idea's placed on paper which is generally used by a pencil. Most use a pencil to erase any mistakes or what a friend of mine uses it for- drawing. He claims I do a "stop and go" style, and sadly, I saw what he meant when we worked on the following sketch together:
Through this, he pointed out interesting shapes that can be used to make the drawing and subject more interesting to look at and also the flow of the pencil marks can make the sketch much more interesting. When you have a moving and flowing sketch, it helps keep it consistent and working evenly with each section. Hopefully I work more flowing like this image had turned out. Even if it was a collaberation sketch, I felt it helped me more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment