Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sketch Blog #14

I recently found an animal artist who is also a cartoonist from India. He goes by the name Toony from Greenhumor Blogs. I found his exaggerated animal forms and just loved it, so it got me into drawing more stylized like how he create them.



I have always loved Polar Bears. When I was at the Toronto Zoo with some friends, I came across the Polar Bear exhibit. As I stood by and watched, one of the bears would walk in the water (this was early October so it was a little chilly) and he would fall backwards into the water and float across the water. When he reached the other side, he would walk back to the other side of the exhibit and fall backwards again and float across the water. He did this countless times. Not sure if he was bored or if he just really enjoyed floating on the water. I did like how the long fur would sway in the water. Youtube has a few good videos of Polar Bears swimming underwater and you can just watch how their fur moves with the current. It is fascinating to know Polar Bears can swim up to 100 miles in one go. Crazy little mudkips.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful drawing, Amanda. Really like the simple style.

    ReplyDelete